Financial Assistance

Federal Student Aid

The University of Arkansas System eVersity is approved to participate in the federal Pell and Direct Loan programs. Students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if they wish to use federal funds. Assistance in completing the FAFSA is provided by eVersity staff during the first eVersity Engage course, which students take and receive their first credit at no cost. Students must meet general eligibility requirements and remain enrolled making the prescribed academic progress to retain eligibility for future aid. Students should be familiar with the satisfactory academic progress policy and work with their academic success advisor to make good progress toward degree completion. If you are wanting to use federal aid, all official transcripts from all institutions must be on file regardless of whether or not aid was received at the school or whether or not any of the credits will be accepted in transfer. 

Veterans Education Benefits

The University of Arkansas System eVersity is approved to certify enrollment for students receiving VA education benefits under chapters 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®), 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®), 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance/DEA), 1606 (Select Reserve GI Bill®), and 1607 (REAP GI Bill®). Contact the Financial Aid Office at (501) 682-2961 for more information about this process.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Scholarships and Tax Credits

There are a variety of scholarships available with criteria ranging from academic requirements to financial need, specific talent awards, underrepresented groups in academic programs, ancestry connections, geographic focused, and many other criteria. Because there are many free scholarship search services available online, students should avoid any options that require a fee. Some of the common free scholarship searches used by students include,,, and Students who are self-financing their education may qualify for a tax credit to offset part of the expense. Learn more by reviewing publication 970.]

Third-Party Tuition Assistance

Many employers support the continuing education of their employees and provide assistance in various ways. Some employers allow the university to directly bill the employer for the cost of tuition. Other employers require the student to pay the cost of tuition and then seek reimbursement after successfully completing the course. To learn more about the requirements and opportunities available, students should check with their employer, their spouse’s employer or even their parents’ employer.