I haven’t filed my taxes for last year. Can I complete the FAFSA?

Yes. You can complete your FAFSA with estimated figures and check that you will file your taxes. However, as soon as your taxes are submitted to the IRS, you should correct your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Process.

What do I do if I made a mistake when I was completing the FAFSA?

Once your original FAFSA has been processed, you may go back into the original application and make corrections. You will receive a new Student Aid Report with the corrected information.

The FAFSA application is asking for my parents’ information, but I don’t live with them, and they don’t support me. What do I need to do?

If based on your answers to the dependency questions on the FAFSA you are directed to complete parental information, then you are a dependent student for Federal financial aid purposes, and you must provide parental information.

I am not 24, I have a child, and we live with my parents. Do I provide my parents’ information?

Unless you personally provide more than half of your child’s support, you and your child are both dependents of your parents. Therefore, you must provide parental information and include both you and your child in the household size.

My grandparents are my legal guardians. Do I use their information on my FAFSA? (financial aid)

No, if your grandparents have legal guardianship through the courts, you are considered an independent student and will file your FAFSA based solely on your information.

I have lived with my grandparents all my life, but they are not my legal guardians nor have they adopted me. Who do I file my FAFSA information on? (financial aid)

You must file using the information from your parents. If your parents are not married to each other, you must file on the parent who has provided the most support for you in the past year.

Will eVersity accept my GI Bill benefits? (financial aid)

After you complete the Engage course and are admitted into a degree program, you may be dually enrolled in a degree program with the University of Arkansas at Monticello. Veterans of recent military service and thendependents of certain other servicemen and servicewomen may be entitled toneducational assistance payments from the Department of Veterans Affairs.nAssistance is [Read More]

Can I get financial aid?

Financial assistance may be available from a variety of sources such as employers and scholarship programs. We will help you find as much aid as possible. Once you’re admitted, you’ll begin with your first course, eVersity Engage. During that course, you’ll explore all options for financial assistance and learn how to apply.

Can I use a Pell grant at eVersity?

We’ll talk about financial aid during your first free course, called Engage. Once you are admitted into a degree program, you may be dually enrolled with the University of Arkansas at Monticello. Eligible students may be able to receive a Federal Pell Grant for enrollment and costs of attendance through the University of Arkansas at [Read More]

How do I apply for financial aid?

During your first free course, Engage, we’ll talk about many types of financial assistance and how you can apply for different options.

 Page 1 of 2  1  2 »